- 20 squares saltine-type crackers, unsalted tops
- 3 tbsp onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef (10% fat)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place crackers in a large zip-lock type pastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Finely chop onion.
- In large bowl, combine crushed crackers, onion, ground beef, egg, milk and black pepper. Mix well.
- Coat a loaf pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Place mixture into loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- To make topping sauce, mix catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and water in a small bowl. Remove cooked meatloaf from oven and cover with sauce.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 10 additional minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F. Slice into 6 portions and serve.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 27mg | Phosphorus: 147mg