- 4 (6 ounce)s bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 tbsp Bertolli olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (optional)
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) on "Saute" mode; add chicken. Cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate, reserving drippings in the pot.
- Place celery, onion, and mushrooms in the pot; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Place chicken back in the pot; add tomatoes and tomato paste. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence. Top with water and Better than bouillon.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build. Cook for 11 minutes.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid carefully, turning it away from you. Test chicken for doneness; an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Season the chicken to taste with red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, remove chicken and bring sauce to a boil on "Saute" mode. Cook until reduced and thickened.