- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp carrot
- 1 tsp onion
- 2 California green chili peppers
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- Mince carrot and onion.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese with mushrooms, carrot and onion to make stuffing. Set aside in refrigerator until chili peppers are prepared.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Place peppers in pan and roast, turning several times, until skin bubbles. Remove from heat. When peppers are cool enough to handle, peel the skin off.
- Cut chili peppers open lengthwise and gently spoon half the cream cheese stuffing inside each pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white and flour until stiff. Coat each stuffed chili pepper with egg mixture.
- Place canola oil in a saucepan, enough to fill pan approximately one inch. Heat on medium-high heat.
- Carefully place chili peppers in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning once. Serve hot, with enchilada sauce or salsa if desired.
Serving: 1pepper | Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 28mg | Phosphorus: 58mg