- 1 lb loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 medium apples
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened, original
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup
- Dice the bread and cream cheese into cubes. Peel and dice the apples. Melt the butter.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 1/2 of the cubed bread in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the cream cheese cubes evenly over the bread and top with the apples. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples and top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half & half creamer, almond milk, melted butter and pancake syrup. Pour the mixture over the bread. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and press down so that all the pieces are soaked. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.Bake the strata for 50 minutes, then let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut evenly into squares for 12 servings.Top with pancake syrup, sugar-free syrup, jam or cinnamon/raspberry applesauce, if desired.