- 1/4 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 15-ounce package (2 crusts) rolled, refrigerated, unbaked pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 8 tsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions.
- Dice carrot and chop onion.
- Brown ground sirloin in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain and set aside.
- Place carrot in a microwave dish. Add 1 tablespoon water; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Add frozen corn, and peas; microwave for 2 minutes. Drain.
- To make filling, combine meat, vegetables, onion, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and thyme in a bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. Cut each pie crust into four pieces.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling onto half of each piece of piecrust. Lightly moisten pie crust edges with a small amount of milk or egg white.
- Fold other half of pie crust over filling. Seal edges by crimping with a fork. Cut slits in the top of the pastries. Brush top with egg white. Place on a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly on wire racks. Serve each pastie with 1 teaspoon ketchup.
Serving: 1pastie | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 12mg | Phosphorus: 72mg