- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 16 oz low-sodium stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Chop onion, celery and bell pepper. Heat oil in large skillet on high heat. Add onion, celery and bell pepper and cook stirring frequently until vegetables start to caramelize (turn a golden brown color on the edges.) Reduce heat to medium.
- Add ground beef, breaking into small pieces and cook until brown.
- Break down tomatoes using a blender and add to beef. Add chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and water. Mix thoroughly; reduce heat to low. Simmer for several hours stirring ocassionally.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 38mg | Phosphorus: 180mg