Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
This soup can be served as is or blended for a creamy version. Add your favorite toppings such as avocado or sour cream.
- 1 lb dry black beans, soaked overnight
- 4 tsp diced jalapeno peppers
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Drain black beans, and rinse.
- Combine beans, jalapenos, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Reduce heat to Low, and continue cooking for 2 hours, or until you are ready to eat.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.7g | Protein: 17.7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 1170mg | Fiber: 12.2g | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 4mg