Chicken Teriyaki Pita
This yummy, healthy chicken teriyaki is almost like a salad made easy to eat nestled inside a pita.
- 7 tsp Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 2 tbsp Bertolli olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 large white pita bread, 7-inch diameter
- Place chicken into a zip-top bag. Add 5 teaspoons teriyaki sauce and marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Dice onion; chop scallions, lettuce and tomato.
- In medium frying pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken thoroughly until no pink remains. Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- While chicken and onion are cooking, combine mayonnaise, scallions and 2 teaspoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Sauce. Put mixture aside.
- Cut each cooked chicken breast into several strips.
- Take pita halves and coat inside with mayonnaise mixture. Fill pita with several chicken pieces; top with sautéed onion, lettuce and tomatoes.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 554mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 88mg | Phosphorus: 170mg