Delicious oatmeal made with coconut, raisins, cranberries, walnuts. Brown rice can be used in place of oatmeal.
- 3 1/2 cups plain or vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt (optional)
- 3 tbsp honey (optional)
- Pour the milk and salt into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in the oats, maple syrup, raisins, and cranberries. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts and coconut, and let stand until it reaches your desired thickness. Spoon into serving bowls, and top with yogurt and honey, if desired.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 63.1g | Protein: 11.6g | Fat: 10.4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 3mg