- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cranberry juice or apple juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Cut each cranberry in half and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a loaf pan and line with waxed paper. Grease wax paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the juice, orange zest, melted margarine and beaten egg. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until flour is combined.
- Mix in the cranberries and walnuts. Stir in hot water.
- Place batter in a prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Test by poking a toothpick into bread; if it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack. Cut into 10 slices.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 42mg | Phosphorus: 58mg