Omelet with Mushrooms and Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup raw mushroom pieces
- 2 tbsp onion
- 1/4 cup canned sweet red peppers
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dice the mushrooms, onion and red peppers.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion; sauté 5 minutes until onion is tender. Stir in diced red pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining teaspoon of butter in the skillet. Beat eggs with Worcestershire sauce and cook over medium heat. Cook the omelet evenly by shaking the pan and gently lifting edges to allow uncooked egg to run underneath cooked egg.
- When eggs are partially cooked, top with vegetable mixture. Place dollops of whipped cream cheese over vegetables. Continue cooking until eggs are set.
- Remove the skillet from heat and fold omelet in half. Sprinkle with pepper. Divide into two portions and serve.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 341mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 55mg | Phosphorus: 167mg