Best Pasta Primavera
The great part about this recipe is there are so many varieties of frozen mixed vegetables that you can be sure to find your favorites.
- 12 oz pasta, uncooked
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 14 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta and vegetables in separate pots according to package directions, but omitting salt. Drain.
- Pour low-sodium chicken broth in a medium-sized stockpot and heat on low heat.
- Add flour to broth whisking vigorously to avoid clumps from forming.
- Add half and half and garlic powder and stir.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Stir occasionally while simmering.
- Add cooked vegetables and pasta. Cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Serving Size: 1-3/4 cup
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 5g | Calcium: 93mg | Phosphorus: 154mg