Roasted Cauliflower and Carrot Salad
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 large turnip
- 1 medium onion
- 6 tbsp Bertolli olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 6 cups baby leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel carrots, cut in half vertically, then cut into 2-inch pieces. Peel turnip and dice into bite-size pieces. Dice onion into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower, carrots, turnips and onions with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and Italian seasoning blend. Place onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and stir vegetables. Continue baking for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, make the salad dressing. In a small bowl combine remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- To assemble the salad combine the lettuce and roasted vegetables, then toss with the dressing. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 48mg | Phosphorus: 53mg