Grilled Flank Steak and Vegetables
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 6 tbsp Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Grill to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is cooking, sliced eggplant into four 1/2" thick rounds and quarter and seed bell peppers. Brush both sides of the eggplant and peppers with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Mince garlic cloves and chop parsley. In a small bowl, combine the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic and parsley to make a vinaigrette sauce.
- Divide the steak and vegetables onto 4 dinner plates. Spoon sauce over the vegetables or serve on the side.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 37mg | Phosphorus: 202mg