Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
The Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry is a delicious blend of savory flavors. Make it even lighter by serving it over riced cauliflower instead of rice.
- 1 lb top sirloin steak boneless
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables: sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, red and yellow bell pepper, onion and green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 pkts Splenda or Stevia brand sweetener
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tbsp unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine vegetables and 3 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
- Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and half of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- In a measuring cup, combine soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, ground ginger, Stevia, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add contents of measuring cup and heat through. Serve over rice or riced cauliflower. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25.2g | Fat: 9.6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 580mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg