Cool Summer Squash Soup
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini squash
- 2 medium yellow crookneck squash
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp Bertolli Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a saucepan bring the broth to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Chop the zucchini, yellow squash and onion into large pieces and add to saucepan. Return to boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the green peas, oil and salt; simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and let the soup cool to room temperature.
- Use a blender to combine ingredients into a smooth consistency. Stir in the Greek yogurt, turmeric and ground black pepper. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving chilled soup.
- Try one of these items for additional seasoning: lemon juice, sriracha hot chili sauce, hot sauce, mint leaves, chives or cumin.
- Look for frozen green peas that are unseasoned or substitute fresh green peas.
- If available use an immersion blender to easily blend the soup in the saucepan.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 60mg | Phosphorus: 138mg