Glazed Cornish Game Hen
Delicious hens that are a beautiful blend of savory and sweet. This pairs wonderfully with our Harvest Wild Rice reipe!
- 1 1/4 lb Cornish game hen
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 fresh sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In a small saucepan add the butter and rosemary. Melt butter and baste rosemary using a spoon until butter just barely begins to brown. Let butter cool until it can be safely handled.
- Remove and discard giblets from cavity of thawed game hen. Rinse and pat dry. Rub the skin and inside cavity with a tablespoon of the melted butter. Sprinkle black pepper on outside of hen. Put rosemary sprigs in cavity of hen and place in baking dish or cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the jam, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the remaining melted butter; heat and stir until combined.
- After baking for 20 minutes brush the hen with the apricot glaze. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer, basting with the glaze every 10 minutes. Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Let the hen rest for 10 minutes then cut in half and place on serving plates. Discard rosemary. Heat the remaining glaze to a boil then pour over each half before serving.