Braised Balsamic Chicken
This tangy chicken pairs well with brown rice. Green beans make a nice side dish.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Bertolli extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook seasoned chicken breasts until chicken is browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken; season with basil and Italian seasoning. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg