Herbed Chicken Nuggets
Delicious, easy to prepare, chicken nuggets are baked for a more healthy choice of this favorite!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
- Combine the parsley, thyme, red pepper, bread crumbs, wheat germ, basil and pepper. Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly. Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and toss the chicken pieces to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.7g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 9.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 378mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 3.1g | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg