Healthy Garden Salad
Edamame (green soybeans), corn, cherry tomatoes and black beans combine to make a colorful salad with a light lime vinaigrette dressing.
- 5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.4g | Protein: 13.1g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 8.7g | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 4mg
DASH and Low Sodium Variations:
Cut the Salt in the recipe by half. Very Low sodium diets may need to cut out the salt altogether.