Waldorf Chicken Salad
A very versatile filling for a sandwich or wrap. You can go bold by adding in hot sauce and celery with carrots, you can go sweet with grapes and oranges, or even go exotic with curry. The one factor is generally mayonnaise, and while creamy and delicious, it packs excess fat and calories. This Waldorf chicken salad lightens it up with Greek yogurt. Savory Spice Shop(R) Park Hill maple pepper is a match made in heaven with this recipe.
- 3 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp maple pepper seasoning (such as Savory Spice Shop(R) Park Hill)
- salt to taste
- 6 oz chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped Honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp milk, or as needed (optional)
- Stir together yogurt, vinegar, poppy seeds, maple pepper seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Add chicken, apple, and walnuts; mix to combine. If mixture seems too thick, add milk until desired consistency is reached
Note: You can substitute a little maple syrup and black pepper for the maple pepper seasoning.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.2g | Protein: 13.1g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg