Much better than frozen veggie burgers! These are super easy and truly a delight.
- 1 16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or plain if you dont have smoked
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and Tabasco sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 10g | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 4mg