- 8 oz tempeh
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 2 pieces pita bread, 6-inch size
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- Cut tempeh into 12 slices. Thinly slice onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil over medium heat. Add sliced tempeh and cook each side for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Add balsamic vinegar and cook one minute; flip and cook an additional minute. Remove tempeh from skillet.
- Add remaining sesame oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Cut pita in half and open to form a pocket. Spread each half with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Add 3 pieces tempeh and 1/4 the vegetable mixture to each pita half. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/2 pita with 3 slices tempeh
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 6g | Calcium: 115mg | Phosphorus: 208mg