- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup cranapple juice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease twelve 2-1/2" muffin cups or line with baking cups; set aside.
- To prepare streusel topping, combine 3 tablespoons of the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- To prepare muffins, combine remaining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl whisk egg, juice and oil together. Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Sprinkle streusel topping over muffin batter in cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.