"Instant Pot® ribs are so tender they fall of the bone. The best part is that you can cook them start to finish in just a little over an hour."
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- Combine juice, vinegar, and liquid smoke in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Add bay leaves.
- Combine black pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Rub this spice mixture into ribs.
- Add a trivet to the pot and place ribs on top, trimming as needed to fit. Close and lock the lid; set valve to sealing. Choose high pressure and set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Cook on manual for 15 minutes on high pressure if you want ribs to still have a slight pull when biting and be able to brown them on the grill or broil the rack without meat falling off the bone. You can do 25 minutes for extra-tender, almost fall-off-the-bone ribs.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.3g | Protein: 18.1g | Fat: 25.4g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg