- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini squash
- 2 medium yellow crookneck squash
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp Bertolli Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
In a saucepan bring the broth to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
Chop the zucchini, yellow squash and onion into large pieces and add to saucepan. Return to boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
Add the green peas, oil and salt; simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and let the soup cool to room temperature.
Use a blender to combine ingredients into a smooth consistency. Stir in the Greek yogurt, turmeric and ground black pepper. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving chilled soup.
- Try one of these items for additional seasoning: lemon juice, sriracha hot chili sauce, hot sauce, mint leaves, chives or cumin.
- Look for frozen green peas that are unseasoned or substitute fresh green peas.
- If available use an immersion blender to easily blend the soup in the saucepan.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 60mg | Phosphorus: 138mg